Positive Start Collingwood Childrens Farm
- Varighed: 2 Dage (Ca.)
- Sted: Abbotsford, Victoria
- Produkt kode: BSCCF
Collingwood Children's Farm
3 day city experience on the banks of the Birrarung, Yarra river.
In partnership with the Collingwood Children's Farm get ready for an enchanting venture on the lifeblood of our city.
Monday: Meet at your school and travel to the Farm. Bus or Public transport options available.
Arrive at Dight's falls for a bbq lunch, games and to begin our connection to the Birrarung. Groups walk along the river to the Collingwood Children's Farm. Set up camp and light the fire.
Tuesday: Yarra Bend Park discovery.
Activity options include
- Slow down, connect with the rhythm of nature.
Back to camp to cook on the fire tell stories and make ART.
Wednesday: Choose your focus.
1) Yarra Keeper activity. work with the Yarra River keeper organisation on regeneration of the Yarra River.
2) Collingwood Children's Farm Day: Farm a Better Future Experience.
Students will investigate the interdependence of life at the Farm,
through concepts such as soil health and biodiversity of flora and
Students will be encouraged to think about how humans have impacted
these conditions and learn how we can care for our soil, plants and
animals to regenerate the land for future generations.
This tour is linked to the Victorian Curriculum Levels 3-6.
- School visits prior and post experience to connect the program into the curriculum.
- All Staff
- Practicing Artist Mentor
- Paddling gear and equipment.
- Adventure Guides
- All fees camping permits etc.
- 20 Million public liability insurance
- Optional post experience exhibition showcasing and celebrating young minds. ( virtual or in person )